Skip to main navigation.

Energy Assistance

Energy Assistance is now closed.  Watch for date to re-open fall of 2018.


Are you having trouble paying your electric bill or heating fuel bill? You may want to apply for Energy Assistance or Low Income Energy Heating Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Energy Assistance has two programs available – crisis and cash. To be eligible for crisis, you need the following:

  • Broken heating equipment or leaking lines that must be fixed or replaced
  • Lack of heating fuel
  • Electric service has been disconnected
  • Danger of being without heating fuel or of having the electric service disconnected


The cash grants can be used by people who are past due on their electric or heating bills or those who aren’t. To apply for either or both of these grants you will need the following: 


  • Names, birth dates, social security number and proof of income for all people in the household
  • A copy of a recent heating bill
  • A copy of a disconnection notice

So don’t delay calling your County Energy Assistance office. The phone numbers are:


Bedford Co. Energy Assistance (814)623-6127 or (800)542-8584
Fulton Co. Energy Assistance (717)485-3151 or (800)222-8563
Huntingdon Co. Energy Assistance (814)643-1170 or (800)237-7674


Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo