Reporting An Outage
- Check your fuses or circuit breakers.
- Check with your neighbors to see if they have power.
- Call New Enterprise REC at (814)766-3221 or toll-free a 1-800-270-3177.
- If you are calling during normal business hours (7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.), press 3 to report an outage. For calls after hours, listen to the message and leave the account name and physical address of who is out of power, time the power went out and a contact phone number that someone can be reached for additional information.
- If power returns for a short while and then fails again, please call again, we may think the problem is corrected.
- Be patient. If the outage occurs during a storm, many people are trying to call our office. Your call is important to us so please keep trying.
- Assume all power lines are energized and dangerous. Even lines that are de-energized could become energized at any time.
- Never touch a downed power line! Never touch a person or object that is touching a power line. A downed power line may not be a dead line. It could cause serious injury or death.
- If someone is injured as a result of a contact with electric current, do not try to assist him or her. You could be injured or killed. Call 911.