For some electric cooperative members, service is more than a convenience; it is a necessity. New Enterprise REC realizes that some homes are equipped with life-sustaining medical equipment that requires a reliable source of power. Our commitment to you is to provide electric service safely and with as few interruptions as possible. Unfortunately, outages occur due to unpredictable acts such as severe weather, animal interference, broken tree limbs, fire, or accidents.
If your health or the health of someone in your household depends on electricity, we offer the following suggestions and strongly encourage you to implement them:
- Obtain a back-up source of power recommended by the manufacturer of your equipment you have in your home. For example, battery back-ups or standby generators can provide you with electric power if service from the cooperative is interrupted.
- Talk with relatives or friends today and devise a plan whereby the individual who relies on this equipment will have somewhere to stay in the event of a power outage.
- Let New Enterprise REC know of the situation by printing and completing the Life Sustaining Equipment Form. Call the office if you do not have a printer and a form will be mailed to you. The Life Sustaining Equipment Form must be completed by your physician.
- By having this form on file, your account will be marked as having life-sustaining equipment. Even though your account is marked, this does not guarantee uninterrupted electric service, nor does it guarantee immediate attention to your individual service during an outage.
- Mail, fax or email your Life Sustaining Equipment Form to: